It’s been a
while since I put up a tent. In fact, I believe the last time I (helped) put up
a tent was at Aimee’s 13th birthday. Incidentally, this is also the
day that I swore never to camp again having got so cold that I was unable to
sleep and quite miserable. So, if you had told me then that just a few years on
I would be assembling a tent with the aim to stay in said tent with Aimee I
would have laughed at you and then probably prayed that such a time never came.
However,
today I put up a tent. Admittedly, it was on my front lawn and I was just
practicing for when Aimee and I go to Castlefest together but it still took
some doing. Actually, I think that the presence of ants nests on said lawn made
it all the more impressive; I have been bitten to death. Struggling with
putting the pins into the poles my father told me that I should resort to
flirting with a man and get him to do it (he also specified that, after
flirting with aforementioned man I should unpeg my tent and move it, assembled
to a new pitch). Rolling my eyes I found that he was doing it wrong and that
there was a much easier way that didn’t rely on brute strength. As a woman I
might be physically weaker but I sure have no problems with logic!
Once the
tent was up I got to meet my new neighbours, well the younger ones anyway, who,
enticed by the possibility of a new play zone, flocked into the garden. It was
lovely to be able to play with ‘little people’ again even if they made the
whole taking down of the tent a bit difficult. They were determined we were all
going to sleep in there! I figure that they are good practice for the real
thing where I’m going to have to put the tent up with Aimee around. I might
just sit her down on the floor with a book and do it myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment