Tuesday, 1 October 2013

New Month, New Leaf.

It's no secret that September's been a difficult month for me. From some melancholy facebook posts to a general absence from the internet people have been aware that things have been less than perfect in Havanah-land.

However, today's the first day of October, one of my favourite months of the year. October has always seemed like the bridge month. It's mild and almost summery at the start yet by the end winter has started to take its hold. You've had time to get back into the swing of things with work or study but there's rarely any major deadlines. You also get an extra hour's sleep because of the joys of daylight saving time.

This October is going to be a particularly fun one for me. Next week I'm seeing Reckless Love again. Later in the month I'm going to see Rapalje. The same weekend I'm staying with Aimee, having not seen her in ages, and we're going to see the band HIM. Suddenly I have a social life.

It's also my birthday at the end of the month but I'm not really looking forward to that. I don't have anything special planned and I don't really know anyone locally so I think I'm going to just let it pass by a bit but that isn't a bad thing at all.

And then onto November, December, and Christmas.

Oh yes, I think I've found my smile once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment