"From the creator of Sixteen Alligators and a
Trebuchet, Trevor Mcinsley Moments and any number of other books that you have
never heard of comes... this book. Yeah, melodrama is not my strong suit.
Fortunately comedy is...
Trevor Mcinsley is a man with one simple aim: To
find out what happens when you send over 300 of the most bizarre emails
imaginable to various supermarkets, car companies, customer service departments
and warring East Asian nations...
The results might surprise you.
For instance who’d have thought an email about
contracting leprosy in a Lidl supermarket would get a serious response?
Or one about hang gliding from the top of the CN
Tower?
Or asking Pringles why they have never run an ad
which simply says ‘Pringles: Eat them or we will murder you and your family’?
Or asking about bringing an air horn to mass at St
Paul’s Cathedral?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Or... well, you get the point."
Review:
Last night, after doing a tonne of
work during the day, I flicked through my unread kindle books looking for
something light to read. “Tea, Sandwiches and Hardcore Pornography” was the
book that I finally settled upon.
The idea is simple, email customer service
departments (etc.) of various companies and institutions with unusual, and
often ridiculous, complaints and ideas and see how they respond. Simple as the
concept is, it results in some rather hilarious exchanges as people try to do
their jobs in the face of adversity.
I can’t really give this book as
long a review as I would normally because it’s hard to comment on the usual
aspects I would comment upon (there’s no real plotline or characters, for
example). That said, I did enjoy reading through Mcinsley’s collection of
emails and would recommend others do the same if they have a spare moment or
two.
I also worry what type of people are going to be drawn to my blog by this title... It's not what you think!!
As I write, this book is free for kindle if you click here!

No comments:
Post a Comment