Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Bye Bye 2013... and good riddance

It's the last day of December and every blogger is either running up a review of their year or actively avoiding doing so. I guess I'm placing myself in the former camp.

2013 has been a year of dizzying highs and severe lows. 

Over the course of one year I have seen life fall apart in many ways and multiple times. I have seen people I love hurt to a degree that no-one should be hurt.  Lets not forget the start of the year when I nearly died...

I have had friendships tested and lost, friendships tested and strengthened, friendships forged.

I pushed myself beyond my limits and achieved beyond my imaginings.

I hoped and planned for the future.

I danced under the stars.

I laughed.

I cried.

I lived.


I won't be sad to see 2013 go and, although 2014 will no doubt hold a continuation of a lot of the problems of 2013, it also holds the excitement of the future. 2013 has passed by now and I hold no regrets as the past can only guide us towards the future. 

Lets make 2014 the year of happiness and magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment